Terms & Conditions
Church Farmhouse Tourist Units
Castle View (4 double/twin en-suite bedrooms) & Church View (2 Accessible en-suite Bedrooms)
Booking terms and conditions
Please ensure you read and fully understand these booking terms and conditions. If anything is unclear, please contact us so we can explain in further detail to avoid any misunderstandings.
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A contract between you and Church Farmhouse will come into existence when payment is received and a booking confirmation is issued showing the confirmed holiday dates. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
- The cost of the holiday booking is payable in full at the time of booking.
- A refundable damage deposit of £50.00 per bedroom will also be charged at time of booking.
- All cancellations must be notified in writing.
- If you cancel your holiday less than 6 weeks before it is due to start, then the cost of your holiday will be forfeit unless an alternative booking is found in replacement.
- If you cancel your holiday more than 6 weeks before it is due to start, we will re-advertise the dates and hopefully we will find someone to stay. In the event that we can re-let the dates we will refund (the amount paid) less a £100.00 administration charge and any costs incurred in re-advertising the holiday.
- In the event that we are unable to re-let the dates, we will refund any costs which we will not incur due to your cancellation, being cleaning and estimated utility costs, disposables etc.
- We can supply any paperwork to support a travel insurance claim – please let us know.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance to cover cancellations. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
- No parties or events unless by prior arrangement – the maximum number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed (8 persons & 2 Children for Castle View including fold down bed and cot / 4 persons for Church View) and only those listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
- (Note: If you allow guests to have visitors during their stay, clarify the maximum number of occupants, that they must be approved in advance, and are subject to an additional charge of £75 per person per night if staying overnight)
- Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
- We reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
- We or our representatives reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
- Tenancies normally commence at 16.00 hrs unless otherwise agreed and guests are required to vacate the rental by 10.00 hrs on the day of departure. This allows the accommodation to be thoroughly cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
- Pets, vaping or smoking anywhere inside the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
- Pets MAY be allowed by prior arrangement with us. Assistance dogs are acceptable. As the properties are located on a working organic farm and equestrian livery, bringing pets must be communicated at the time of booking to ensure we provide dog friendly environment.
If pets or assistance dogs are staying, only 1 pet is allowed at one time
Please don’t let pets onto the furniture, especially sofas and beds
Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their pet
- Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you, pets or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result. A security deposit of £50 per bedroom is required and will be returned within 14 days of the end of your holiday, less the cost of damage/breakages.
- Damages and breakages – please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If you notice something is missing or damaged in your accommodation, please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there has been any damage or breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could report them promptly, especially before check-out. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage.
- Please do not move any furniture from one room to another.
- Please remove shoes before entering the house, boot trays are provided.
- Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
- Please make sure you switch off lights, heating, air conditioning or any electrical appliances when you go out –we’re an eco-friendly holiday home.
- Please don’t take any bath towels with you to the beach. Use the beach towels provided with the picnic sets.
- The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
- Please note that if any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
- The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building or grounds.
- No compensation will be given for any temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, internet connection or television service.
- No compensation will be given for cancelled motor sport events or any other events.
- The owners are not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings or valuables of the guest.
- All inventory must remain in the property and not be taken to another property.
- Guests are responsible for the safety and security of themselves and their children at all times. Never leave children without adult supervision.
- Please park your vehicles in the designated parking spaces, ensuring cars do not block access to other properties. Parking is limited to 4 vehicles for Castle View and 2 vehicles for Church View.
- EV Charging points are available x 3. Vehicle charging is metered and chargeable at £20.00 per 60 kWh. Please let us know if EV charging is required to ensure a suitable allocated parking space is provided upon your arrival.
- Please respect the community and try to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially between 11 pm and 8 am.
- We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
- Barbecue –please use the designated barbecue utensils and clean the barbecue after use.
- Sorry, candles are not allowed inside the house for insurance purposes.
- Check-out –by 10.00 am on the day of departure.
- The following is required at check-out:
Please empty bins
Please remove any perishable foods from the fridge and dispose
Please clean any dirty dishes, a dishwasher is provided
Please strip beds and leave laundry in the bathroom
- Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
- This property is privately owned and is our home. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would with their own house.
For further information on your holiday and facilities please view our website.